Sunday, July 19, 2015

How To Use Tappit Cutters, Letters and Numbers. - Fondant Decorating DIY



how to get fondant letters out of tappits tutorial cutters


Tappit Cutters! Pros... I love the font, some cake designs look better overall with the tappit cutters lowercase or upper case.  Cons... they can be intimidating to use, many times I hear of bakers (from all sorts of skill levels) have trouble using them. I remember wanting to pull my hair out the first time I tried to use them. It happens to all of us!

What makes tappit cutters challenging to use, is how skinny the fondant letters and numbers are.  They can be easily twisted and deformed by the slightest touch.  Tweezers, exacto knives and toothpicks don't seem to help.

I've tried many different methods of getting fondant letters out, here I'm gonna show you the best, easiest, fastest way in getting the fondant letters out.

The trick is to have your fondant rolled very thin and air dry it a bit.  So roll it as thin as you can, and then let it sit for a few minutes.  It won't work if your fondant is too soft or sticky.  So if you just colored your fondant, let it air out for a few minutes.

I find the more stiff and dry the fondant is, the easier it is for me to get the fondant letters and numbers out.

I've made a tutorial video showing you how I do it, watch it here:



How to get fondant letters out of tappit cutters

1. Roll out the fondant as thin is you can, it needs to be thinner than the height of the cutter (which isn't very high of course).

2. Dust the cutter with cornstarch and powder sugar mix.
(While working with fondant, I have a bowl with half powder sugar and half cornstarch mixed together. I use it to powder the area/cutters/rolling pin to prevent fondant from sticking.)

3. Press the letter cutter firmly into the fondant, then press onto it and 'rub' it back and forth a bit, this would ensure it's pressed all the way through and the extra fondant is cut off.

4. If there's any extra fondant, for example, the negative spaces in a letter B or O, or P etc.. use a toothpick or exacto knife to pick it out.

5. Form a fist with your hand, place the fist behind the cutter and tap the cutter against the edge of a table.

6. The letter or number should pop right out.


how to use tappits cutters tutorial step by step guide

If you like this tutorial, share it on pinterest!




how to get fondant out of tappits cutter tutorial step by step

21 comments:

  1. OMG thank you thank you thank you.. this is the best tutorial by far.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe that acter 6 years making cakes I have learned how to use these letters! Thanks a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't believe that acter 6 years making cakes I have learned how to use these letters! Thanks a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you. I have these cutters, but I didn't know how to use them. Thank you for the great tutorial

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is great but there is an easier way. Roll out the fondant thinly, place saran wrap over the top and cut through the wrap. No letters or numbers sticking in the cutters.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This blog is so stunningly outstanding. Left its readers in the awe.
    top-10-best-french-fry-cutters

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow amazing tutorial. Time to put my kids to work on this amazing concept

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am really happy to say it’s an interesting post to read . I learn new information from your blog.
    Web Designing Company in USA

    ReplyDelete
  9. give effective results in the disposal of insect insects and this in our company, which is the best insect control company in Mecca using effective pesticides in the eradication of bed bugs and Our team is fully aware of the risks that these insects pose in our homes and in our bedsافضل شركة مكافحة حشرات

    ReplyDelete
  10. We find lots of learning after reading this very useful article .

    ReplyDelete
  11. شخصيات شركة مبيدات الآفات في خميس مشيط
    هناك خطر من وجود حشرات في المنزل أو في مكان العمل ويجب القضاء على تلك الحشرات بأي شكل كان من المفترض أن تكون شركة متميزة مثل مبيد حشريشركة مكافحة حشرات

    ReplyDelete
  12. Bharat CSP Agents are those individuals who acts as an agent of the bank at places where it is not possible to open branch of the bank.

    Bharat CSP
    CSP Program
    Top CSP Provider in India
    Apply Online For Bank CSP

    ReplyDelete
  13. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for taking the time to discuss this, I feel strongly about it and adore finding out additional on this topic. If feasible, as you acquire expertise, would you thoughts updating your blog with much more details? It is extremely useful for me.
    topusgirl

    ReplyDelete